Use these tools and resources to discover new books and materials or do research online!
Overdrive EBOOKS AND AUDIOBOOK DOWNLOADS – login and search through the library’s catalog or access from this link. For help setting up your device or for help with downloads – call or email the library.
The Handbook of Texas Online: The Handbook of Texas Online is a multidisciplinary encyclopedia of Texas history, geography, and culture sponsored by the Texas State Historical Association and the General Libraries at UT Austin. Your one stop source for Texas History!
Texas Online: The official website for the Great State of Texas and provides instant access to almost 800 state and local government services.
The Portal to Texas History: A Project of University of North Texas – History, Newspapers, Yearbooks and other helpful historical items related to Honey Grove and the entire state of Texas!
Goodreads Looking for book recommendations? News about the latest bestsellers? Want to see what others are reading and their reviews – GoodReads is for you.
Newsfeeds Updated Hourly
Health Information Internet Resources:
MedlinePlus and Other Health Websites for Consumers
- MedlinePlus in Spanish
- MedlinePlus Magazine (Sign up for free subscription)
- NIH SeniorHealth
- Genetics Home Reference
- Clinical Trials
- AIDS Info
- Girls Health
- National Women’s Health Information Center
Additional Health Websites
- National Institute of Nursing Research
- Lab Tests Online
- Lab Tests Online / Screening Tests for Teens
- Health Resources and Services Administration / Nursing
- Connecting Youth to Quality Health Information
- Health on the Net Foundation
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
- Texas Center for Health Statistics
- MedlinePlus Training Resources
- Agency for Health Research and Quality
- National Cancer Institute
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (information about the new health care law)
Considering a job in Public Health Care – this free, informative website may be for you – PublicHealth.org
Glassdoor is an employment resource that gives information on what it’s like to work for a company, including salary data, interview information, benefits, office photos, and more…There is information on over 200,000 companies and over 16M open positions!