Suggest A Book
Is there a book we don’t have? Want to request an item be added to our collection?
Please email or bring the following information to the Circulation Desk:
Title of the book, Author and/or other pertinent information – such as reason for the request (home-school, personal request, etc). We will try to add your request to our collection as long as it falls within the criteria of our Collections Development Policy.
To add and ebook or audiobook to our digital collection – sign on to your Overdrive or Libby account and follow these directions.
AUTHOR Requests to add an item to our Collection:
The Honey Grove Library and Learning Center is happy to represent local and/or self‐published authors whose work fits within our collection development guidelines. Because we have begun receiving an increasing number of requests from authors who would like us to add their work to our collection, we have put together a list of our standard procedures to make it clear what guidelines these authors need to follow and how the process works.
- All authors must provide a copy of the item that they want us to consider for addition to the collection in order for the Library to review it and make a decision about whether it fits the Collection Development Policy. The item can be mailed to Honey Grove Library and Learning Center, 500 6th St, Honey Grove, Tx 75446 or dropped off at the library.
- All items not added to the collection will be returned to the author – please provide an address to which the material can be returned or let us know if you will be picking up (if by other than the author-please give us the person’s name).
- The author is encouraged to provide any professional reviews of the material that are available along with the copy of the item or they can provide a listing of any websites where such reviews exist. Reader reviews in Amazon or other online sites are not considered as part of the review process.
- The library will notify the author within a three week period of time after the material has been received by them. The author needs to provide a current phone number or email address so that the selector can easily contact them.
- Titles by local authors (authors who live in Fannin County or one of the counties surrounding Fannin County) which are added to the collection will become part of our general circulating collection.
- Addition of a title to the collection does not guarantee that the item will be kept permanently in the collection. Author titles added to the collection will be assessed on a routine basis by branch staff using the same guidelines that are applied to other materials in the Library’s collection. If circulation dwindles or totally declines, the title may be withdrawn from the collection.